Monday, June 11, 2012

Need inspiration? Encouragement? A new vision for homeschooling?

I am excited to let our readers in California know about a wonderful opportunity to join Rea Berg, founder of Beautiful Feet Books, at a Summer Literature Soirée in her home! If you are within travelling distance of San Luis Obispo, consider signing up for this event. It promises to be inspiring, energizing, and a whole lot of fun. Here's details from Rea:

Dear Readers,

Shakespeare and Company in Paris
I am very excited to announce that at the end of this month I’ll be hosting a Summer Literature Soirée here in my home in San Luis Obispo!  The topics I intend to cover will include: best books for summer reading, abridged vs. unabridged classics, literary analysis of children’s books, and I’ll also present a session I gave recently at the Great Homeschool Convention entitled “Homeschooling with Passion and Creativity.”  This is a look at a number of famous individuals whose education was anything but normal, but who were able to thrive because of the ways in which literature and history captured and inspired them. Also, if there is something you’d really like covered please let me know and I’ll see what I can do! I’ll also leave plenty of time for discussion, sharing and getting acquainted!  The cost will be $25 (bring a sack lunch) or $30 if you’d like lunch provided for you.
Since space is limited in my home, I will only be able to accommodate 25 of you, dear friends! So if you’d like to participate, please register here
as soon as possible. So here are the specifics:
Rea’s Summer Literature Soirée
Saturday, June 30, 2012
Place: 1306 Mill Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Time: 9:30 am–3:30 pm (this will include a working lunch where we’ll have fun with literary and art analysis of children’s books–a favorite of the last seminar!)
Looking forward to seeing you!

As there are only 25 spots, they are filling up fast! If you are unable to attend this event, consider booking Rea to speak in your home town. Feel free to contact us for details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment